Sunday, April 14, 2013

Ovadia & Sons

First off, thank you Shimon and Ariel Ovadia. You have truly created (in my mind) one of the best look-books I’ve seen in a long time (and I’ve been on this planet 26 long damn years). So much so that I had to get on here and type this rambling, yet “you guys are the best, man” article. Yes, all the #menswear nerds have re-tweeted, tumbled, and/or face-booked the hell out of their Fall/Winter Collection already (I’ll accepted my late pass, Lawrence), but most who visit our site aren’t combing through blogs for a living. This, my friends, is worth sharing to the masses; you know those guys who might not know what double monks are and certainly don’t know when Fashion Week is.  No one in their right mind, however, would attempt to argue the fact that the brothers have done a sensational job with their newest collection for the masses. Men, in most parts of the US, are afraid of shopping. Trust me, I live in Ohio. No matter what people tell you, graphic tees are not for adults. The Ovadia’s have created a collection of ready-to-wear garments for any kind of man. It’s about time that we start really taking time to invest in quality pieces that we can one day pass down our sons.  I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to visit their booth in NYC and talk with Nicolas, which from first glance I knew they had created something truly amazing. Well, they didn’t stop there; teaming up with the ever-growing photographer Justin Chung to shoot their newest campaign. What I like most about Justin’s photography is that it presents an angle that has yet to be explored in the fashion world. I am tired of the “traditional shoots (you know, white canvas backdrop, studio, controlled settings + 8 million assistants). He’s stepping outside, using nature as his back drop. Alright, enough rambling. Here’s 3/4 of their look-book for your viewing pleasure. Indulge!
men suits


men suits


men suits


men suits


men suits


men suits


No comments:

Post a Comment